Honey Almond Granola
Granola: the perfect accessory to a healthy meal. Try adding this simple yet tasty homemade granola to your food. Sprinkled over salad, poured into yogurt, mixed into a smoothie bowl, or filled into a Ziploc bag to take on the go, the possibilities of what you can do are endless. You and your family will love this sweet and nutty snack. Best part, you can make it over and over again!
- 1 cup almond slivers, divided
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a food processor, pulse half of the almonds until they are very finely chopped. Pour them into a large bowl. Then add the other half of the almond slivers into the bowl.
- Add the oats and brown sugar to the bowl and stir to combine.
- In a small microwaveable bowl, combine honey and coconut oil, and heat for 40 seconds. Stir to dissolve coconut oil, and add vanilla and almond extract.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oats, and stir until well coated.
- Pour the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, and then stir and spread back to an even layer. Return to the oven for 5 or more minutes, or until golden brown.
- When done pour, the granola onto wax paper to cool off.
Store in an air tight container.
Recipe By Laura Minner