This Bacon, Spinach, and Tomato Sandwich is one of my favorites! I always use spinach because it has so much more nutritional value than Iceburg lettuce. I stumbled upon this perfect combination one day when I started to make a normal BLT (or BST) and discovered I was out of bread. I love this recipe because it is a simple twist on, and healthy alternative to, an old favorite.
- 2 slices of thick bacon (we prefer a hickory or apple wood smoked bacon)
- 1 thick slice of tomato
- 1 whole grain English muffin
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan. Then set aside on a paper towel in order to cool and drain the grease.
- Toast the English muffin.
- Add spinach, tomato, and bacon.