Peach Pomegranate Applesauce
- 10-12 medium apples (or 8-10 large apples)
- 3 peaches*
- 1 pomegranate
- ¼ cup of water*
- 2 Tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- Quarter your apples and peaches. Do not peal your fruit, as this is where the nutrients are.
- Gut your pomegranate. Do this by using a spoon to remove all the seeds. Do not worry about separating the insides. This will happen when you strain it.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large crockpot and cook on low heat for 6-8 hrs, straining occasionally.
- Remove the ingredients to cool, and then place in a strainer. Strain the apple sauce by pushing down and forcing the sauce out the strainer.
*If peaches are out of season, use a jar of Dole peaches with no sugar added. Empty the peaches and the juice into the crockpot in place of the peaches and water.